There are a variety of certifications and continuing education levels that massage therapists can earn. Following are the ones that I have achieved:
LMT – State licensed and registered. Licensed massage therapists practice under a strict code of ethics.
NCTMB – Nationally Certified in Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork. Accreditation is given upon passing written exams, continuing education and maintaining ethical standards.
ABMP – I am a member of the Association of Bodywork and Massage Professionals. This professional organization provides education and liability coverage for massage therapists. Leadership training and staffing of emotional process-work programs.
NER I-III – I have completed the full series of classes in Neuroenergetic Release®.
St. John Method of NMT I-V – The St. John method of neuromuscular therapy is widely recognized. Training includes:
- Level I ~ cervical injuries, postural analysis, pelvic stabilization
- Level II ~ pain mechanisms of the low back
- Level III ~ shoulder, upper torso, spinal column, extremities. Level IV ~ TMJ dysfunction, hands, feet, eyes
- Level V ~ neuromuscular components of cranial decompression and scoliosis
John Barnes Method of Myofascial Release I
- Sports Massage I
- Sports Massage II
- Positional Release Technique
- Tui Na I
- Structural Integration
- Integrated Neuromuscular Re-Education
- Cranial Sacral Therapy I
- Reiki I
- Lymphatic Massage I
- Shiatsu Massage
- Relaxation Massage